Custom Order Term Sheet 2020
Please note: there is a $600 minimum on custom order/ commissioned work. Lily Guilder Design continually participates in trunk shows around the country & has ready to wear items on lilyguilderdesign.com. These ready-made items are available for considerably lower prices than custom pieces.
- Client agrees to company policies and must review past Lily Guilder work and pricing standards. Specific design ideas from client are appreciated in advance of the initial consultation if possible.
- Pricing standards are for labor and design time. Fabrics, materials, and hardware are charged separately. Completely original designs are subject to a $250 pattern fee. Lily Guilder design maintains ownership of pattern. Client has exclusivity to this pattern for 180 days from shipment of piece. A client may request further or more specific event design/ fabric exclusivity subject to fees and Lily Guilder Design approval.
- Lily Guilder offers complimentary Zoom video consultations. After this consult, in order to proceed with the design process, there is a $250 non-refundable retainer required. This non refundable retainer will be applied in full to the final cost of your piece and covers research, fabric swatching, design, and measurement input to get you officially in the Lily Guilder design "Bible."
- You will receive your commission design pack exactly one week from receipt of retainer. This includes a sketch with 3 fabric palette options. Each option comes with a pricing estimate. Please give feedback with any changes. There may be additional sketches and swatching necessary to get to the ultimate design.
- When we have settled on the design and fabric, you will receive an invoice for a 50 % deposit, these full commission terms and scope of work contract.
- After the deposit is received, we will schedule your first fitting and your project officially goes into the queue. Client must be available for a minimum of one fitting with designer. These pieces take life during first fitting and for the final product to be its’ best, a fitting is required. If a fitting is totally impossible, client can be fitted by a local tailor but customer takes the risk that the final fit may be different than the design’s intent. Allow more time for sending the order back and forth to Lily Guilder Design studio for any major alterations.
- A minimum of 2 fittings is required for the fully bespoke designs. The Icon styles are tried and true patterns that have been loved and worn over many years. These styles may be fit by a local tailor in your community.
- Please allow 8-12 weeks for order to be completed from receipt of deposit. Client is responsible for shipping fees. We recommend using Fedex service. Orders will not be released until paid in full.
- It is in the best interest of Lily Guilder Design to complete orders on or before promised date. Occasionally, orders may take longer- customer will be consulted of any time overages.
- Rush orders, to be completed in less than 8 weeks, will be subject to a rush fee.
- Clients will receive progress reports with photo attachments. Lily Guilder Design understands the most amazing creations have often come from collaboration and encourages dialogue client. Please respond in timely matter if there is a design question presented in these progress reports.
- Anything less than complete satisfaction with the finished product will result in a process review on a case- by – case basis. Adjustments and alterations are considered legitimate within 2 weeks of your receiving your order and are sometimes subject to an hourly fee.
- Lily Guilder Design garments are made to last. Please follow specific care instructions as outlined for your special piece by Lily Guilder Design. General direction is hand wash, line dry but each fabric and design is unique. If unsure, CALL 847-942-1965 BEFORE treating the garment.
- Lily Guilder works exclusively with faux fur and pleather. We do not work with real leather or fur. No exceptions.
- Lily Guilder Design will consider payment plans as an option for commissioned work. Pieces must be paid for in full before they are released. All past plans must be paid in full before consultation on new pieces.