Don't just dream it, be it! Lily Guilder makes exquisite festival coats that are totally one of a kind, made to last and feature straps to convert the coat to a cape since 2004. You will turn heads and have more fun wearing a Lily Guilder coat!!!
"People will stare. Make it worth their while." -Harry Winston
Please review Custom Order PROCESS and TERMS and PRICING by scrolling down and look through past work to get inspired. When you agree to terms, pay $200 RETAINER fee to get scheduled for your consultation. Some inspiration right now-
HELLO YOU!!! Review this link entirely and explore past Lily Guilder work and consider your inspirations. After you agree to the terms, pay retainer fee to set up initial design consultation.
DREAM IT!!! In our first meeting (in person or video chat) we'll complete a styling profile, look at specific styles and inspirations, take measurements, and go through fabric swatches discussing color and texture.
THE DESIGN exactly one week after the initial design meeting you will receive a digital design pack for your piece. This includes a sketch with 3 fabric palette options. Each fabric palette come with an estimate for the design. Discuss any changes with potentially new sketches and fabric options. If there are no additions or changes, you will receive an invoice for a 50% deposit.
THE CREATION Your piece goes into the production queue when the deposit is received. We will request a fitting 2-4 weeks in process.
IT'S ALIVE!!!! We'll send you progress pix and a beautiful studio photo when it is ready. Allow 6-8 weeks for completion of entire process.
BABY, I AM YOURS! Frolic, dance, trip the light fantastic, be a superhero, be the queen, live your dreams in your new Lily Guilder piece! Please send us pix of you doing all of that stuff, k? #fabthing YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL... slip into something more fabulous!
Please note: there is a $1000 minimum for custom orders. Lily Guilder Design continually participates in trunk shows around the country, has ready to wear items on lilyguilderdesign.com. These ready made items are available for considerably lower prices than custom pieces.
- Client agrees to company policies and must review past Lily Guilder work and pricing standards before consultation. Specific design ideas from client are appreciated in advance of the agreed- upon appointment time.
- Pricing standards are for labor and design time. Fabrics, materials, and hardware are charged separately. Completely original designs are subject to a $250 pattern fee. A client may request specific event design/ fabric exclusivity subject to fees and Lily Guilder Design approval.
- There is a $200 non-refundable retainer for all custom orders. Consultation fee reserves appointment time, covers research time, fabric sampling and other preparatory actions. Designer travel is additional and will be negotiated separately. If you cannot keep your appointment, notice must be given 48 hours in advance to avoid forfeit of this fee. The fee is applied to final bill at the end of the custom design process. If, after consultation, you do not want to proceed with order, the fee may be used as a credit for ready to wear items. This fee may be waived if you place your order at an event or are a past client in good payment standing.
- Face to Face meetings and fittings are favored but this process is possible with video chat and Fedex shipping using a local tailor. Lily Guilder will travel to communities with multiple clients.
- Client must be available for a minimum of one fitting with designer with the date being set at consultation. These pieces take life during first fitting and for the final product to be its’ best, a fitting is required. If a fitting is totally impossible, client can be fitted by a local tailor. Allow more time for sending the order back and forth to Lily Guilder Design studio.
- Client receives digital design pack with detailed sketch and/ or images of style and fabric swatches and color palette options exactly one week after consultation.
- 50 % non refundable deposit to be paid upon commission. Sending this deposit, the client agrees to all fabrics and design details as laid out in email from item 6. Order does not go into production queue until deposit is received
- Please allow 8 weeks for order to be completed. Client is responsible for shipping fees. Orders will not be released until paid in full.
- It is in the best interest of Lily Guilder Design to complete orders on or before promised date. Occasionally, orders may take longer- customer will be consulted of any time overages.
- Rush orders, to be completed in less than 8 weeks, will be subject to a rush fee.
- Clients will receive progress reports with photo attachments. Lily Guilder Design understands the most amazing creations have often come from collaboration and encourages dialogue client. Please respond in timely matter if there is a design question presented in these progress reports.
- Anything less than complete satisfaction with the finished product will result in a process review on a case- by – case basis. Generally, custom pieces can be returned for a Lily Guilder Design credit less the consultation fee and 50% deposit within one week of receiving the piece. Adjustments and alterations are considered legitimate within 2 weeks of your receiving your order and are sometimes subject to an hourly fee.
- Lily Guilder Design garments are made to last. Please follow specific care instructions as outlined for your special piece by Lily Guilder Design. General direction is hand wash, line dry but each fabric and design is unique. If unsure, CALL 847-942-1965 BEFORE treating the garment.
- Lily Guilder works exclusively with faux fur and pleather. We do not work with real leather or fur. No exceptions.
- Lily Guilder Design will consider payment plans as an option for bespoke work. Pieces must be paid for in full before they are released. All past plans must be paid in full before consultation on new pieces.