- that which is innately perfect and pure
- a flower
- To cover with or as if with a thin layer of gold.
- To give an often deceptively attractive or improved appearance to.
- Archaic To smear with blood.
- To beautify - make more attractive by adding ornament, colour
Gild the lily
- You are beautiful (lily)... slip into something more fabulous (guilder).
- To adorn something already beautiful.
- a formal association of people with similar interests
- Granma Lillie O'Blenness (1914- 2005)- woman who believed you buy quality made clothing or make the clothes yourself and they will last longer than you. i.e. "I was rocking the dance floor in my Granma's pants!"; waste not, want not; putting energy into the things you create and love makes these things exponentially more powerful, special and transformational
- Caitlin Stolley IS the Lily Guilder
Lily Guilder Design
- One of a kind and limited edition garments for Iconoclasts, Glamour Gals, Dapper Dudes, Faerie Queens and Superheroes.
- Creating the ultimate festival/ Playa regalia for over a decade. Lily Guilder garments are also dazzlers on city streets or après ski. Attention to detail and to the balance between sharp tailoring and comfort in motion are vital considerations for each piece.
IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, WE CAN CREATE IT FOR YOU.
Lily Guilder Design is for anyone who wishes to channel their inner Rockstar/ Glamour Queen/ Superhero/ Dapper Dude/ Iconoclastic self. The collection is comprised of limited edition ready to wear and one of a kind/ custom designed garments all created in Nashville. Designer Caitlin Stolley believes in the transformative power of clothing and uses fabric texture, layering and a variety of embellishment techniques to create garments with enhanced dimension, vibration, and danceability, each piece sprinkled with magic.
Studio Grand opening Saturday February 17th
100 Taylor St Suite C3 in Germantown.