ABOUT LILY GUILDER
Lily Guilder Design is the brainchild of Caitlin Stolley borne from years of gypsy living in US cities & abroad, on rock’n’roll tour and also from frequent requests for desert festival custom pieces. Lily Guilder pieces are quality made, timeless styles that can be integrated into outfits every season. Attention to detail, sharp tailoring and the danceability factor are of utmost importance in each piece. Lily Guilder also wants you to get a bang for your buck as most pieces can be worn or layered several different ways. Great for travel you can toss most of them in your suitcase without a wrinkle.
Each ready to wear collection consists of limited edition fabrics (we buy the whole bolt and when it is gone, it is TOTALLY gone) and one-of-a-kind pieces (you snooze you lose). Granma Lillie O’Bleness believed that you should make your own clothes or buy quality so they last a long time and Lily Guilder still uses her wardrobe for patterns and inspiration.
Caitlin earned her BS in Theatre at Northwestern University with an emphasis in costume design, dance and art. She started her career as a costume designer working in television, film and off- Broadway theatre in NYC, Chicago and LA including gigs on “Law and Order” and “Rescue Me.” Every piece on this website was made with love in Nashville, TN either at the Lily Guilder Design World Headquarters or at a small production facility.
You are Beautiful!!!! When in doubt, add more sparkle!
- that which is innately perfect and pure
- a flower
- To cover with or as if with a thin layer of gold.
- To give an often deceptively attractive or improved appearance to.
- Archaic To smear with blood.
- To beautify – make more attractive by adding ornament, colour
Gild the lily
- You are beautiful (lily)… slip into something more fabulous (guilder).
- To adorn something already beautiful.
- a formal association of people with similar interests
- Granma Lillie O’Blenness (1914- 2005)- woman who believed you buy quality made clothing or make the clothes yourself and they will last longer than you. i.e. “I was rocking the dance floor in my Granma’s pants!”; waste not, want not; putting energy into the things you create and love makes these things exponentially more powerful, special and transformational
- Caitlin Stolley IS the Lily Guilder
Lily Guilder Design
- One of a kind and limited edition garments for Iconoclasts, Glamour Gals, Dapper Dudes, Faerie Queens and Superheroes.
- Creating the ultimate festival/ Playa regalia for over a decade. These special designs are also dazzlers on city streets or après ski. If you can dream it, we can create it for you. Attention to detail and to the balance between sharp tailoring and comfort in motion are vital considerations for each piece.